Please provide an elaborate answer to each of the following questions:
1. How is a thread different from a process?
2. What are the advantages of using multithreading instead of multiple processes?
3. List four design issues for which the concept of concurrency is relevant.
4. What is the key difference between a mutex and a binary semaphore?
5. What scheduling criteria affect the performance of a system? Justify your answer with facts.
6. What is the main function of a dispatcher? Give some examples of events when it is invoked. Think outside box.
Word Count: 5000 words (maximum)
Your work needs to be well written and have quality information. Your work must be clear and must be able to educate someone with no prior knowledge in the field of operating systems.
Assignment Evaluation Rules:
• • Overall presentation 10%
• • Structure 10%
• • Introduction 10%
• Main body: Critical analysis/evaluation 50%
o Recommendations 10%
o Conclusion 10%
• • Please read and apply the rules for referencing.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more