Science discussion question Assignment
Learning Goal: I’m working on a science discussion question and need a reference to help me learn.
You will post your own response first before you can see your classmates’ posts to reply to them.
1. Explain which different government agencies are involved in the Environmental Compliance process. How do they interact to get the job done? (In 100+ words)
2. Briefly explain the difference between Solid Waste, Hazardous Waste, and Household Waste. Use your own words. In 100+ words, total.
3. Find and share a link to an article about a chemical release incident. Then write about one or more of the following:
a) What are your perceptions of what went wrong?
b) As a safety professional, what do you think could have been done differently.
c) Why should local firefighters be well informed about what they might be dealing with in all industrial settings in their service area?
d) What is happening with and how might this affect environmental legislation?
4. If you live in the United States, in what EPA Region do you live? In what Region were you born? If you do not live in the U.S., what agency conducts similar activities to the U.S.’s EPA? (short answers)
5. Which of the many laws we briefly introduced are you familiar with already? What has been your experience with environmental compliance to date?
6. After reading the bits of history this week, visit the EPA page now and return often for updated news. Pick a news topic from the EPA site and share with us what impressed you about it.
7. Cite your sources you use for your discussion board posts either at the end of each item or at the end of your post. This is a good habit to develop. Your boss will thank you someday for including the validating sources with your information. You want your reader to be able to find the sources and read more about it. For these Discussion Boards, practice citing your sources in APA format. If it is an online source, you can add the URL and the date retrieved. My example is for the APA guide page you can use to build citations:
Paiz, J.M., Angeli, E., Wagner, J., Lawrick, E., Moore, K.,
Anderson, M., …Keck, R. (2015, March 27). Reference
list: Electronic sources (web publications). Purdue
OWL. Retrieved from:
This is my own best guess for how to cite this particular web page, but the example, as well as the page itself, should help you to sort out how to set up your citations. Note that the APA format for references is a hanging indent (the first line is at the left margin, while the remaining lines are indented. Sort of a reverse paragraph indention where only the first line is indented. Blackboard is not very friendly for hanging indentions. You will probably have to add a hard return(enter) at the end of what you want to be the first line, then use the indent icon to move the next line over. You’ll have to repeat the hard return and Indent for each additional line. Annoying, but it works.
8. Reply in 50+ words to one of your classmates’ posts.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more